Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Back in the Day


Here's a stroll down memory lane, fitting for the upcoming release gig for "Who Do You Think That You Are?". This was the release gig for "BANG!" The only constants are myself (with my old synth and hairstyle), Brad (on drums), and Jeff. There's Kishi on lead guitar, Izumi on...other lead guitar, and (what was his name?) on bass. We were playing at a club called "Stella's" in Ikebukuro. The place was packed solid. That stage was REALLY small...too small for me to fit except when I played guitar on "When I Build My Boat". I'm really looking forward to playing at the Canadian embassy. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • Kevin and I went out and bought new shirts the afternoon before the gig. Me a GREEN Hawaiin shirt and Kevin a TIE-DYED t-shirt. What were we thinking? We should have switched.
    The gig was a blast.
    Except for a friend of mine, Doug, who, with his wife, showed up just as we were leaving the stage after our encore. He was sweating at the door, his wife a respectable 20 feet behind him, also sweating (obviously a typical wife/husband fight over directions). "Is it over?" he asked. They had been walking in circles trying to find the place for about 2 hours. I nodded. "Get me a beer", he said.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 AM  

  • Perhaps I should clarify for those not in the know. That gig took place about three years ago.

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home