Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Friday, August 03, 2007

Off to Face the Music

The time has finally come.

Tomorrow I'm off to the mountains of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture, for this year's Music Club Summer Training Camp (somewhat lip-worn fanfare). I'm going to forsake riding the bus in favor of driving up myself in my BLUE RAV4 through all that lovely scenery.

The fact that an approaching typhoon will probably make it all wet and misty shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I won't have much to do this year. I was asked to surrender all my jazz band rehearsal time in favor of the concert band since they made it to the Prefectural Championship, and it's only six days away. I'm not happy about that, since I need that rehearsal time, but I'd rather not cause a fuss. Better to enjoy five days of mostly R&R and not take anything too seriously.

I'll be back the evening of the 7th. I'll "see" you all then.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • What with all the weekends you have dedicated to work lately, you need some R&R.

    Every time I see a blue RAV 4, by the way, I think of you!

    See you when you come back.

    By Blogger Olivia, at 2:14 AM  

  • Have fun, guitar hero!

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 2:24 AM  

  • And I'll see all the wonderful scenery you've captured then.

    By Blogger gus, at 11:19 AM  

  • Enjoy your R&R
    See you when you are back

    By Blogger QUASAR9, at 4:28 PM  

  • mist. must . . escape . . the mist. (pant pant) Cant see . .

    final 10 seconds of the Alberganer's family vacation video. Found by a goatherd along with the left arm of a Goretex jacket. No trace of the family has ever been found.

    By Blogger Phillipa Scratch, at 8:06 AM  

  • Moody said, "forsake riding the bus in favor of driving up myself in my BLUE RAV4"

    You can take the American out of the US, but you can't take the US out of some Americans. ;^)

    Enjoy the music camp.

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 7:36 PM  

  • Surrendering the jazz, got you singing the blues?

    By Blogger Swinebread, at 10:03 AM  

  • The way you said "off to face the music" made me wonder if you were on your way to see the principal again! YUK YUK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • LOL @ Pandabonium

    You can also take the English girl out of America but you can't take the American out of the English girl!

    By Blogger Olivia, at 9:11 AM  

  • OH MY GOD, I said that SO wrong! that is the biggest Freudian slip I've ever made. *blush*

    By Blogger Olivia, at 9:12 AM  

  • Such bad timing too...ugh...

    By Blogger Olivia, at 9:14 AM  

  • Perhaps you need to elucidate, m'lady.

    Or not.

    Hey, all...I'm back! *thump*

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 9:36 PM  

  • Haha, I have just realised I could have deleted it, but...it's too good to delete, isn't it?

    Don't worry, you were not a heel.

    By Blogger Olivia, at 3:50 AM  

  • heh heh

    By Blogger Swinebread, at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home