Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Summer Muse 2009

I wasn't able to spend nearly as much time in my studio as I would have liked this summer, and the reasons are obvious. I have completed two new tunes, however. Both of them are instrumentals, which is not my usual fare, but I seem to be doing those more and more lately, so it might be my new direction. Both were also conceived and begun at the computer and then fleshed out in the studio.

"Per'anai", both eerie and wild, was inspired by a character in my Impasse sci-fi/fantasy setting, a priestess who is benign but mysterious...and has an edge to her character. I composed this tune entirely at home.

"No More Coffee" was initially created while I was away at the music club training camp. I'd only had 3-4 hours of sleep the night before (as with every night there), but the coffee supply had already been torpedoed before I'd gotten there. Sitting in the hotel lobby feeling half dead and half ready to go out and stomp on kittens wasn't the best of times to listen to a 7th grader practicing the bassoon. I oozed back to my room and started this very moody and silly piece.

Both tunes can be listened to using the player in the sidebar on the right. Listen as much and as often as you like, and feel free both to access my ReverbNation profile page and sign up as a fan! (Shameless plug...) More details are also available on my Minstrel's Muse site.

2 Comments:

  • A lack of caffiene does strange things to you Moody;-)

    By Anonymous Dave, at 4:14 PM  

  • Too much caffeine, on the other hand, can do some pretty ugly things to me! ;-)

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home