Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Saturday, October 29, 2005

I'm "It".

There seems to be a sudden rash of blog tags going around. I couldn't respond adequately to the first one because I didn't know enough bloggers not already included in the tag list. Now a couple of bloggers I know have directly invited everyone except me to participate in a different one, but they were both thoughtful enough to leave one slot open for "anyone who wants to volunteer/is bored". Okay, I'll bite. I was originally thinking of posting this over on the snabulus blog in order to keep this blog purely focused on my life in Japan, but I decided it would probably be better to keep it here. After all, not only is this site more centrally located for my personal blog community, but it does, after all deal with my personal life, and that's what this site is all about. Anyway:

7 things I plan to do before I die
1. Visit Dresden, Berlin, Hanoi, and Nagasaki as a matter of moral obligation.
2. Visit as many parts of the world as possible, especially home countries of all the good people I've met.
3. Be able to play a major scale on every instrument used in a symphony orchestra (but why stop there?)
4. Become fluent in at least one more language, maybe two. No, three! Three langua...four! Four languages...
5. Get acquainted with someone from at least 80% of the nations of the world, particularly those whose people I, as an American, am not supposed to regard as human.
6. Become better in touch with my own soul.
7. Compose music that people can really enjoy.

7 things I can do
1. play music in various genre on various instruments (but not necessarily well...)
2. write, compose, and draw (but not necessarily well...)
3. speak three languages fluently
4. gripe
5. turn a simple task into a giant project without even trying
6. argue about just about anything
7. eagerly make a total fool of myself on stage (and sometimes offstage, too)

7 things I cannot do
1. ride a motorcycle (never tried)
2. play sports well
3. make a long-range plan and carry it out as intended
4. pretend to like, believe, or agree with something I don't
5. suffer fools gladly
6. hold my tongue when someone says something ridiculous or offensive
7. go along with a group just for the sake of going along with a group

7 things that attract me to another person
1. Depth
2. A real spark of life
3. A good balance of physical, spiritual, and psychological beauty
4. Compassion
5. Open-mindedness
6. Creative
7. Warmth

7 things that I say the most
1. 'kay
2. Hontou-ni? ("Oh, really?" in Japanese)
3. [nasal voice] Ohhhhh...
4. Stop that!
5. Nan da yo! ("What's up with that?" in Japanese)
6. You SUCK! You suck so MUCH!! (especially while driving)
7. Um...

7 people I want to do this
1. Don Snabulus from Oregon (but I know he won't)
2. Ladybug from Oregon (but I know she won't)
3. Dewkid from California (originally from Oregon)(Won't.)
4. Kami from Washington (originally from Prague...then Oregon...)(Nope!)
5. Phillipa Scratch from Oregon (Not gonna do't...)
6. Vulgarius from Oregon (Like, as if!)
7. Pa've from Oregon (I mean, really!)

Okay, anyway...

6 Comments:

  • Found some common point...

    7. make a total fool of myself on stage (and sometimes offstage, too)

    *^_^*

    By Blogger YD, at 11:05 PM  

  • Volunteered! Omedetou! You're the first that i've known so far :)

    Maybe by argue about just about anything you can turn a simple task into a giant project without even trying, eh? :p

    Wish i could take the ability to play just one instrument from you! :))

    By Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@, at 1:49 AM  

  • I'll answer the questions, but I don't have any ideer about this tag list thingy, not being a blog-master. I'll put it on my site.

    sxbrmqk? Im not touching that one.

    By Blogger Phillipa Scratch, at 4:48 AM  

  • Seven things I should be doing but for some reason don't:

    1. Invent something that will make me filthy rich.

    2. Find a beautiful woman who likes me as I am and marry her!

    3. Get a job.

    4. Experiment with panhandling in a suit and tie on a freeway offramp with a sign that says, "Willing to work for Sex and Beer!"

    5. Do do the dishes and laundry.

    6. Finish my tractor.

    7. Publish and sell my own CD.

    Thats enough, I can't remember the whole list, but seeing as this is just a comment, better than nothing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  

  • "6. hold my tongue when someone says something ridiculous or offensive"
    -Here, let me hold your tongue while I say something ridiculous....

    "5. Open-mindedness"
    -I used to have an open mind, but my brains fell out.

    Thanks for sharing Moody, you are more brave than I.

    chexzygp: Breakfast cereal on the the planet Zygp.

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 6:50 PM  

  • Trying to use reverse psych, eh? Well, maybe it will work.



    uwwhtd - You whatted.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home