Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Springtime at Ye Olde Academy

Well, it looks like Pandabonium beat me to the punch as far as pictures of cherry blossoms in Kashima are concerned. (The fact that he took his pictures at Shiroyama Park, which is very close to my school, rubs it in even deeper!) Still, I thought I'd go ahead and make my contribution by sharing some pictures of the Seishin Gakuen campus and its famous, tree-lined driveway. (These are cell phone pics, but I hope you enjoy them anyway!)







Okay, these aren't trees, but there are flowers all over the campus, and they bloom at different times. It seems like there's a different color every week!


Wait a minute...those aren't cherry trees in the staff parking lot! Those are sugi!!! [ACHOO!!!! ACHOO!!!!!!!]

I hope you all have a wonderful Spring!

5 Comments:

  • Certainly didn't mean to take any wind from your sails - and don't think I have judging from the pictures of Seishin.

    We've been waiting to see sakura on your blog. Wow. Seishin's trees look really beautiful.

    Frankly, K and I were dying of curiousity after your mention of them, and drove by there today on the way back from the grocery store just to see what it was like. Absolutely gorgeous. What a lovely campus to teach at, (sugi or no).

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 9:44 PM  

  • Seishin's cherry trees are awesome even from the outside. Usually, there are a lot of cherry trees surrounding around schools (kindergartens, too?) in Japan. Daffodils bloom late in February, but this year ones in our graden are only starting to bloom now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

  • your cell phone pictures are impressive. I clicked so I could scrutinize the beautiful details but nothing happened. sigh*

    By Blogger gus, at 12:31 PM  

  • MM, Wow! They are beautiful. And you get to see that lovely sight every day! How fortunate is that. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger HappySurfer, at 6:02 PM  

  • Equally beautiful..

    I also want to post all my sakura pics.. from yesteryears!

    By Blogger Robin CHAN, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home