Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Beginning Is The End

No, this post is not a reference to DEVO. Rather, it is an announcement that I have finally posted samples from the three CDs that constitute my "Green Era", i.e. my earliest recording efforts dating from 1990-1992.

Since they are my earliest works they are naturally much lower in quality (not to mention much more embarrassing) than my more recent material, but they can still be fun to listen to. They also give a good indication of where I've come from in my home recording work. Please give them a listen if you like...and then scroll back up the page and listen to the more recent material for comparison.

Hopefully I'll have some new works to share with you in the not too distant future.

6 Comments:

  • Moody, I'm embarrassed by my incompetence, but I can't locate those CD samples. I'll check back later...they must be hiding in plain sight.

    Happy New Year.

    By Blogger San, at 4:19 AM  

  • Cool! I should already have all this, but checking should be half the fun.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 9:17 AM  

  • San
    There aren't any CDs there, but I've linked a few sample tracks from my various homegrown albums. Click the link to go to my "Minstrel's Muse" website. Then click on the title of one of the songs. That will start the file download. You'll need a media player like QuickTime to play them.

    Keep in mind that the "Green Era" is my earliest recordings, and they are NOT my best!

    Don Snabulus
    You most definitely have all of them, but it was still a fun trip down memory lane.

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 11:35 PM  

  • AMNIBLISK! WHAT COLOR?

    What fun! I actually like some of your earlier stuff better, especially the funny ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 AM  

  • Hi Moody,
    Here's wishing you and your Inner Circle all the best for the coming year, may it be filled with much fun, joy + happiness. The days filled with much much Sun (light) and the nights filled with bright Starlight.

    Look forward to the new work!

    By Blogger QUASAR9, at 1:49 AM  

  • OK, Moody, I did locate the music samples. Since you said the Green Era is the most embarrassing, naturally, that's what I've listened to so far. I find you to be a quite talented man! More works of art are rooted in a "limbic system in turmoil" than most would admit.

    I look forward to listening to more of your music.

    By Blogger San, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home