Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Springtime Stroll Around Ye Olde Academy

I decided to take a little walk...and photo shoot...around part of the campus before going home after work today. I'd like to share it with you!

YOA spring-09 a

YOA spring-09 b

The cherry blossoms are already falling off the trees, leaving a pink and white dusting on the ground.

YOA spring-09 c

YOA spring-09 e

People who have nothing to do with the school often come and hang out on this hill during cherry blossom season.

YOA spring-09 f

I don't know the story of the ring of pink around this particular tree, but it does catch the eye.

YOA spring-09 h

The walkway toward the junior high building is flanked and dusted with springtime color.

YOA spring-09 i

A nearby plum tree makes its statement in a magenta dialect.

YOA spring-09 k

Hold still, dammit!

YOA spring-09 m

Let me share our colorful campus life with you!

YOA spring-09 o

Looking from the junior high building toward the north gate and parking area.

YOA spring-09 p

Under a canopy of pink and white...

YOA spring-09 q

Heading back toward the administrative building...

YOA spring-09 s

The stairway down to the staff parking lot is dusted with fallen petals.

YOA spring-09 t

Time to go home! (Sorry...my BLUE RAV4 was too dirty to photograph just now.)

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

14 Comments:

  • Blossoms falling here
    Falling like snow in winter
    Leaves are soon to sprout

    By Blogger Olivia, at 2:27 AM  

  • I love the cherry blossoms photos. So pretty! We don't get to see that in Mauritius. Thanks for sharing =)

    By Anonymous ÅnGe|e, at 4:51 AM  

  • Tip Toe Through the TwoLips

    Tiptoe through the window
    By the window, that is where I'll be
    Come tiptoe through the tulips with me

    Oh, tiptoe from the garden
    By the garden of the willow tree
    And tiptoe through the tulips with me

    Knee deep in flowers we'll stray
    We'll keep the showers away
    And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
    Will you pardon me?
    And tiptoe through the tulips with me

    By Anonymous Dave, at 6:37 AM  

  • Lovely photos...our tulips are just starting to bloom!

    Happy Easter!

    By Blogger ladybug, at 1:15 PM  

  • Beautiful campus. Thanks for sharing the other flowers as well as the sakura.

    I like watching the sakura fubuki fluttering down.

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 2:55 PM  

  • Ahh.... so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger HappySurfer, at 5:33 PM  

  • Even though it's been only about a month since I graduated from high schol, these pictures remind me of high school days a lot and make me sigh ...

    By Anonymous Sanshiroh, at 6:37 PM  

  • Olivia
    Nice haiku, m'lady! It needs koto or shamisen background music.

    ÅnGe|e
    Long time no see! No, I don't imagine sakura would do very well in the tropics, but I'm sure people where I live would still find plenty to envy you for!

    Dave
    Somehow Tiny Tim and Japanese koto music (which is what sakura always conjure up in my mind) just DON'T go together...

    Ladybug
    I almost completely forgot it was Easter. It's what I get for living in a Shinto/Buddhist country. Even Costco didn't have Easter egg dye (and I didn't go to Carrefour, which might have).

    Pandabonium
    Our school is definitely fortunate to have such a scenic campus. Students do tend to take it for granted, though.

    HappySurfer
    I have to keep finding new ways to keep all of you coming back, right? ;-)

    Sanshiroh
    I think most people never really appreciate their school days until they're over and gone. By then it's too late (though as a music club OB, you'll still have reasons to come back once in a while!).

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 9:45 PM  

  • Revisionist! Oh wait, wrong post.

    Botanist!

    Those are beautiful. I am instinctively reaching for a Claritin, but it is gorgeous.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 1:22 AM  

  • Sakuraaaaaaaaaaaaa

    And all things nice... Thanks.

    Thanks for also not including your car. But I am sure it is not that bad.

    By Blogger Robin CHAN, at 10:13 AM  

  • Wow!!! Beautifullll.....

    I really enjoy looking your pics here.... thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Selba, at 12:30 PM  

  • SnabudonThe biggest source of sneezes is those sugi (called Japanese "cedar" though it's related to the redwood) trees that ring the staff parking lot (the whole campus, actually!). Every year I basically live on antihistamines from March till May, though I seem to be getting over it already.

    RobinThanks for stopping by!

    My car wouldn't have done any favors to the ambience...

    SelbaI'm happy to be able to share them! The springtime views are definitely one of the fringe benefits of working here!

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 5:02 PM  

  • All are in Pink & White, lack of something in "Blue" there, isn't it?

    Have you noticed that purple flower looked a bit erri? It seems suspended in the air.;-p

    By Blogger PinkPanther, at 12:53 PM  

  • am loving these pics. just love cherry blossoms... so beautiful.

    i miss that....

    love your school... looks very peaceful there.

    By Blogger Um Naief, at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home