Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tanka Truck, pt. II

Most everyone that still visits this blog already knows this, but for the rest of my rapidly-declining readership, the significance of the tanka poems in the last post is that they are actually lyrics for my latest song, entitled (wait for it...) "Tanka Truck".

While I'm at it, I guess I never posted any announcement of my other recent work, an optimistic instrumental called "The Glowing Zone".

More info on these and other tunes can be found on my Minstrel's Muse site. Enjoy!

7 Comments:

  • That is a great name for a song! This sort of thing reminds me of the time my wife and eldest daughter (who we home schooled from 11 to 16) were doing Shakespear and wrote some Sonets. Great fun.

    By Blogger Rock Chef, at 12:51 AM  

  • Tanka Truck, proving that all exhaust bleching soot monsters are not alike. Brouhaha!

    By Anonymous Dave Truck, at 11:00 AM  

  • ..."bleching"...?

    By Anonymous Whatever Dude, at 5:37 PM  

  • Right...belching, he he.

    By Anonymous dave, at 7:39 AM  

  • Wow! When I first saw your tanka verses in the previous post, I thought to myself that these could pass for lyrics to a song and to read now that they are actually lyrics is kinda weird.

    By Blogger HappySurfer, at 12:04 AM  

  • HappySurfer
    I guess we were thinking on the same wavelength!

    ...which is also kinda weird...
    ;)

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 1:36 PM  

  • Lovely, Moody. A tanka truck indeed.

    By Blogger San, at 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home