Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fuzz Interlude

My father-in-law recently got a new cell phone, his third in as many years (but STILL hasn't told us his number...). As usual, he passed his old phone on to my kids so they can play with it. Of course, the phone function is deactivated and useless, but it still comes with preinstalled video games. Even better: this one has a camera. Needless to say, my kids immediately went on a mad photo binge, filling up the SD memory card in only a couple of days. Then their mother showed them how to delete pictures they didn't want so they could take even more. That camera is getting quite a workout!

Not surprisingly, the majority of the photos still on the card center on our cat, Tora. Since last May, when the kids brought him home as a tiny, blue-eyed orphan someone abandoned at their school, he has grown into something of a loverboy...or even a playboy...and very much the center of attention in our house (even despite the ongoing remodeling and expansion). Since I haven't posted much recently...and don't really have much of interest to post at the moment, I thought I'd share some. So...I bring you...KITTY SHOTS FROM JAPAN!!! (Don't all cheer at once...)

FebTora1
Poor Tora. He leads such a tortured life. Can't you see it written all over his face? I think that's an "M" on his forehead..."M" for...what?

FebTora2
There are times when Tora seems really intelligent. Then there are the other times...

FebTora3
"Commence finger-biting in 5...4...3..." Incidentally, that's me wearing my BLUE Japanese hanten (a short coat, usually tied in front, that is worn inside the house when it's cold).

FebTora4
Aummmmmmmmmm.......

FebTora5
Now on my daughter's desk...trying to look innocent...

FebTora6
"Okay...we'll allow ourselves one 'respectable' pose..."

Alright. I got the post-Valentine's Day cuteness thing out of my system.

P.S. Sympathy and best wishes to Tooners' sister Jahooni, whose beloved, gray, feline baby recently died in an accident. Losing a pet is never easy, and it shouldn't be.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

  • Jeebus (our cat) says Hi.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 3:23 AM  

  • Hey, his looks like my Dad's cat Sleepy.

    By Blogger Swinebread, at 5:12 AM  

  • Of course, your cat probably has nothing on ours; while his name is Jeebus, his nickname is "Love-Whore".

    If snabby gets around to it, perhaps he will post some pictures of Jeebus' devotion to his hedonistic lifestyle.

    By Blogger ladybug, at 5:26 AM  

  • He is a handsome fellow. Living a mighty fine life, too. Cats, they really know how...

    By Blogger Olivia, at 6:59 AM  

  • awww he is so cute...i came back to find my dad raising three street kittens..i LOVE them..

    By Blogger Ixchel, at 9:01 AM  

  • hello, blog hopped here from agus's, he's cute, I love cats but the responsibility of having one, outweighs my own well being haha! good entries :)

    By Blogger thewailer, at 9:53 AM  

  • Wow... Tora has grown!!!

    I still remember his pic when he's a little cute kitten and now what an adorable handsome bachelor cat!!! hahaha...

    Love the pics of Tora!!! I wish I could hug him also...

    By Blogger Selba, at 10:43 AM  

  • Reminds me of my tabby cat...which is no more now =(

    Tora is kawai =D
    Wanna give a huggg!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • Good looking cat. Blue eyes? Did they change?

    Sorry about Jahooni. I've seen two dead cats on the road in the last week and always think how sad it is for their owners.

    tyanyg: sound of one of Moody's guitars when Tora pounces on it.

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 6:39 PM  

  • Pretty but I still don't find cats as good as dogs for pets. But I have a huge respect for tigers.
    Hey, the cat came back! A few months ago a neighbour's cat gave birth under our house to four ginger kittens - and they eventually moved on but they seemed really feral. Well, one visited us the other day, came to the back door, mooched around my legs, followed Peceli as he watered the pot plants until he took it back to the owner. Still looking feral but at least it now had some manners.
    w.

    By Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog, at 4:45 AM  

  • I know your kids had a blast with their new toy, they still do. But it looks like you're spending as much time being the subject's sidekick, hand modelling and all. Or did you take all the pictures?

    Either way, Tora's got you around his tail.

    By Blogger gus, at 2:33 PM  

  • Tora-chan wa kawaii desu ne... ii na...

    By Blogger Lrong Lim, at 2:51 PM  

  • I currently share residence with two cats, Bonnie and Grommet. Strangely, my allergic reaction has actually disappated, and Grommet enjoys sitting on my lap. Of course, I will never be able to own cats, but these are quite friendly.

    The "M" on Tora's forehead must stand for either Moody or Moses.

    Torah?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • A cat. "M" must stand for "Me".

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 3:48 PM  

  • Or "Meow" or "Menace" ^_^

    Tora seems to enjoy giving the "not-bothered" look. Cats are so fascinating, they don't really care about anything else but themselves, but somehow we human tend to all their needs. :-) (I'm a cat-liker too unfortunately hehe)

    By Blogger YD, at 5:04 AM  

  • Cats are so fascinating, they don't really care about anything else but themselves

    Generally true. However, I've found that a lot of cats seem to be able to sense when people are sick and become more affectionate than usual around them as if they were worried. I once had a Siamese cat that was reluctant to leave me when I was down with the flu. At mealtimes he'd run to the kitchen, grab a quick bite, and be back on my bed within five minutes. He had to be physically removed at night, and he was not very cooperative.

    Maybe he thought I was going to die.

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home