Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This Is a Looowwwwwww.....

I really haven't been posting all that often, have I? That seems to be a malady that has been affecting many if not most of my usual blog "family". Everyone has his or her own reasons for having the blog BLUES, but in my own case it's a mixture of things. Things going on in my life these days, particularly at work, have been sapping my energy and leaving me empty and unmotivated. I know this is just a phase, and I really have no idea how it's all going to turn out, but I'm sure things will look up. After all, I've been in much darker valleys in the past.

Besides, I can feel my muse starting to wake up. I'll have some more new music posted here soon.

Speaking of music and lows, here is Blur performing "This Is a Low" back in 1995. Enjoy:



This is a low...
But it won't hurt you...
When you're alone it will be there with you
Finding ways to stay so low...

10 Comments:

  • Dear MM, posting definitely has its cycles and you sound like you're on the up-swing ;-) I find your posts about your life in Japan to be very interesting, although sometimes a bit depressing (computer anti-service people and the like). But I hope you are finding inspiration soon. Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 AM  

  • I hope you are able to purge your engrams soon and return to writing posts solely for my reading pleasure.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 6:25 AM  

  • I think you're in a spot of winter BLUES.

    And I heard this morning that the 3rd Monday of the new year (i.e. today) is usually the most depressing. Coincidentally, at this very moment I am hearing on the news about the global economy downturn, stock fall, and one headline going so far as to describe it as a black Monday...!

    By Blogger Olivia, at 7:43 AM  

  • No one can see your smile if you have your head stuck up your behind. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • No matter your blog-posts are DONW or UP, we are still love to read your regularly post. Start action again. GO! GO!! GO!!!

    By Blogger PinkPanther, at 12:40 PM  

  • Thank you, everyone. I think your visits and comments are what really make all this worth it.

    By Blogger The Moody Minstrel, at 1:20 PM  

  • When I get in a motivational slump, I do something that you taught me - I throw a desk. My back hurts for a few days afterward, but it always cheers me up and gets me back on track.

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 8:42 PM  

  • Everyone's visits and comments are worth it except mine, you mean! Don't encourage me. It only gets worse from here.

    Speaking of which, you've been tagged for a silly blog game. Rules are on my blog. You know where to find me. Mwa ha ha! Actually, I'm sort of afraid of what you'll do with it, but afraid in a good way.

    Keep writing and hang in there.

    By Blogger Kami, at 12:35 AM  

  • Hey Moody,

    I enjoy your blog and I always look forward to reading your informative, interesting posts. And of course listening to your music!

    This time of the year my business is always quite a bit lower and that's a bummer for me. Plus we're heading into tax time and that's a lot of preparation. Doesn't make for a joyful, expansive time. It inevitably picks up though.

    Glad you feel you're on the upswing...

    By Blogger San, at 2:19 AM  

  • Low is good. You can only get higher. Don't mind me. I read whatever you post.

    By Blogger HappySurfer, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home