Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Now You See Them, Now You...Ah, There They Are!

You know, for the longest time I wondered what was up with my Neoboard...that little chat box in my sidebar. People kept talking about those silly, dancing bananas that have become such a staple of the thing (thanks, Dewkid!), but at least since my reinstall last year I never saw them. That was true for both my home machine (using Firefox) and my work laptop (using Internet Exploder 7).

But then, when I accessed my site once from a general office workstation at my school (using an older version of Internet Exploder 6), suddenly there were those dancing bananas again! Thinking that perhaps it was a problem at the source that had finally been fixed, I heaved a sigh, went home, logged in...and no bananas. I did a raspberry and thought, well, nuts! My guava-d! This is just peachy! It was totally the pits. The apple-let definitely wasn't working. I kept my eyes peeled for answers, but I never did find the core of the problem. As my mood became black (cherry), I began to wonder with much passion (fruit) if maybe the trouble really was at the source, and they had managed to pear it down and figs it briefly...only to have it break again. Totally mangoled! Talk about a plum-useless lemon!

[Okay, I just slapped myself. Sorry...]

Yesterday I tried downloading and installing the latest version of Safari for Windows just to check it out. Guess what? THERE WERE THE BANANAS!!!! The smileys worked just fine in Safari! But then when I went back to Firefox, no dice (and no bananas, either)! Clearly it was a problem on my end, so I checked everything even more thoroughly. Finally I noticed that Neoworx had made a slight change to the code entry that was to be added to the html of my blog. There was a small addition that hadn't been there before. I recopied the code, and voila (as opposed to viola, which is a stringed instrument similar to but slightly larger than the violin)!

[Okay, I just slapped myself again.]

The smileys are back! Now people can bananize the board as much as they wish!



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

(So why did it work without the additional code in I.E. 6 and Safari, but not in I.E. 7 or Firefox? Hmmmmmm.....)

Speaking of bananas and total weirdness, I don't remember if I've ever posted this video or not, but it has to be one of the strangest...and funniest...I've ever seen! It was also Dewkid who first foisted it on me, so I owe it to him to share it here. I give you:
MY HANDS ARE BANANAS

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Blimey, is the springtime getting to you already?

    I slapped my monitor you were that good!

    By Blogger Olivia, at 10:27 PM  

  • "We are zee monkeys!!!"

    God, I had forgotten about that one. Friggen milky pirates!!

    Hey, whazzup with Snabby's site going to nsa.gov? That Snabby!! Always foolin' on that first day of April!!

    By Blogger DewKid, at 5:55 AM  

  • Woah! @ Snabulus linking to the NSA - that was dangerous, I headed straight for the jobs page...

    By Blogger Olivia, at 6:38 AM  

  • See, I knew you knew, eh Steve? *wink* Just like old times! *smile*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 AM  

  • April Fools. Reminds me, that's the aniversary of my enlistment!

    By Blogger Pa've, at 11:36 AM  

  • See, now the bananas are gone! Bring back the bananas! Bring back the bananas! Monkees on Explorer v6 need to eat too.

    lol on yr tutti-frutti first para.

    By Blogger HappySurfer, at 1:32 PM  

  • A nutty fruitcake comes to mind....

    By Blogger Pandabonium, at 4:48 PM  

  • Hee hee. April Fools!

    Hey, we should tell Neoworx that flying eggheads are the new dancing bananas.

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 3:52 AM  

  • uh, OH..uh OH!
    your banana Neochat-box disappeared again. NO MORE FUN! :-(

    on 09 April

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home