Life in the Land of the Rising Sun

Friday, March 08, 2013

Why Does It Freak People Out to Be Diversified?

The fusion/R&B musicians I work with tend to freak out when I tell them I play with a symphony orchestra.
The classical musicians I work with tend to freak out when I tell them I play with a blues/classic rock band.
The blues/classic rock musicians I work with tend to freak out when I tell them I play with a jazz big band.
The jazz musicians I work with tend to freak out when I tell them I LOVE FUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • People often pigeon hole themselves when it comes to music. I am fairly limited in what I will choose to listen to, but my wife listens to all sorts of stuff - jazz, punk, classical, heavy rock, Bob Marley, she has it all. Guess it is a very personal thing, as it should be really!

    She claims that she does not have a very good ear for music, but on first hearing she knows whether a band or singer will make it big. She should work for a record company really!

    By Blogger Rock Chef, at 12:35 AM  

  • They can't handle a Renaissance Man!

    By Blogger Don Snabulus, at 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home